The Members Exhibition is one of the most exciting things we do all year! It showcases so many diverse styles and artistic paths. We didn’t want to miss it this summer, so we are taking it online. It will be presented as an online gallery on the CAC website. We would like to invite all adult members of the Community Arts Center to participate. Details are below.
Not currently a member? No problem! You can join today by going here.
- The Community Arts Center’s Annual Members’ Show is open to all active ADULT MEMBERS (18 years and up) of the Community Arts Center.
- Members may submit one (1) piece of work for the exhibit.
- All work submitted must have been completed in the last five (5) years and not previously exhibited at the Community Arts Center.
- Original work in all media is accepted. This includes digitally created work.
- There is no size limit this year.
The Community Arts Center retains a 20% commission on works sold at the exhibition. If your work sells, we will notify you and ask you to deliver the piece to the CAC so that the purchaser can pick it up.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Email a photo of the piece to email@example.com by July 31st
Please use the subject line “Members Show” and include the following in the body of the email:
- Your full name as you’d like it listed
- Title of the piece
- Price (if piece is not for sale, please list NFS)
TIPS FOR PHOTOGRAPHING YOUR WORK
Given the current situation we anticipate that many of you will be photographing your own work for the show. Here are some things we recommend:
- When possible, photograph outside, but in the shade where there is good light, but not directly on the piece.
- Avoid any shadows on the piece.
- Position the lens of your phone/camera as close to the center of the piece as possible.
- Use the edges of the photo frame to check to see that you are shooting straight. They should be parallel with the edges of a rectangular piece.
- If photographing 3 dimensional pieces, tape a large piece of white paper to a wall above a table or the floor. Allow the paper to bend (don’t fold) onto the table/floor. Set the piece on top of the paper on the table. This should create a seamless background for your piece. If your piece is too large for this method photograph it in a simple and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- If the piece is framed, please include the frame in the image.
- Photos should be high resolution. When emailing from a mobile device, choose “Actual Size”.